Mark Green's Atheopaganism Blog

Living an Earth-Honoring Path Rooted in Science

Ever Think,”I Should Be Doing Something?”

One of the things about spirituality is that without some effort, it can become a bit…navel-gazing. It’s not a failing, nor anyone’s fault. What we do through our religious paths helps us to grow, heal, and cultivate joy, all of which are internal things. They help us to build…

Read More

GUEST POST: A New Year’s Ritual

by Danford and Hawthorne Happy Belated New Years, Atheopagans! I hope your year has been kind to you so far <3 ManifestationLike many Atheopagans, I try to celebrate the turning of the Gregorian Calendar with special occasions.This usually involves beer, friends, and sharing New Year’s Resolutions (perhaps more beer thanresolutions,…

Read More

The State of the Atheopagan Community 2023

Hello, lovely community! It’s been awhile since I wrote a general report on everything that’s going on, and it’s State of the Union address time in the U.S., so I thought I’d do one of our own. We have a lot happening! Here’s the lowdown: The…

Read More

REMINDER: Submit Your Presentation Proposals!

Atheopagan Web Weaving 2023 will take place June 3-4 of this year: an opportunity for our community to gather online, see one another’s faces, interact and socialize, and see great presentations by our members…and we need your presentation to really make the schedule hum!…

Read More

NATURALISTIC PAGANISM: A Challenge to the Paradigms of the Overculture

A Presentation to the 2023 Conference on Current Pagan Studies: January 15, 2023 THANKS for inviting me to present to the 19th annual Conference on Current Pagan Studies! I’d like to extend my appreciation to the organizers and co-creators of this event. We live in times of deep crises: Effects…

Read More

COLUMN: Paint By Season/January 2023

Welcome to Paint by Season! My name is Raena Parsons, and I am an artist, poet, and educator living in Jackson, Wyoming. Paint by Season is a new monthly column where you can follow along with me to create a monthly seasonal painting to celebrate the wonders of that…

Read More