GUEST POST: By Helping Your Community, You’re Helping the World
By Meredith Jones
The world is a truly unforgiving place, which is why we all need to band together, look out for each other, and help one another. Of course, there are those who need more help than others, and it’s for their benefit that we’ve created this list. The fact is that we all have the responsibility to hold up those who may be finding themselves at the bottom — a courtesy that we’d want extended our way if roles were reversed. It’s not even anything heroic, but rather, just basic human decency. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at who we can help and how.
Regardless of what you believe in, one thing remains certain: nobody should go hungry. It is our shared responsibility to ensure that everyone is not only sufficiently fed but healthy, too.
- It’s a sad truth that hunger is a prevalent problem in most communities.
- There is, in fact, more than one way to help your hungry neighbors.
- Looking for charities devoted to fighting hunger is a great way to start.
- Of course, it’s never too early to engage your child to help feed the hungry as they can learn valuable lessons in empathy and kindness by doing so.
Unfortunately, the world in which we live keeps some populations in a holding pattern. This can cause generational poverty and discrimination. If you’re looking for a way to have an impact on the oppressed, you are part of the solution.
- The ACLU works to preserve individual liberties and rights throughout the United States.
- There are 940 known hate groups in the United States.
- When you fight for the rights of people of color, you fight for everyone.
- Native Americans, despite being here first, have been largely pushed to the side.
- Outside of the US, you can help those who suffer oppression by supporting Médicins Sans Frontieres and Amnesty International.
In the same way that we look after each other in the community, so must we look after those who are unable to defend themselves. There’s simply no shortage of threats to wildlife and even domestic animals, and it’s our mutual obligation to do our part to ensure their safety.
- There’s a considerable number of reasons why there’s a need to protect animals.
- At the most fundamental level, taking measures to help homeless pets in your community is already a big deal.
- Consider fostering to get more animals off the streets and out of danger.
- Donating to animal charities is an equally wonderful way to help.
In an ideal world, everyone would be on equal footing. Sadly, we already know that this world is far from ideal, so it’s our collective job to look out for those who are most at risk.
- Understanding the problem of homelessness is a step closer to assisting the homeless, which can be done in so many different ways.
- There are just so many people made vulnerable by their circumstances, gender, skin color, immigration status, sexuality, and more, so donate to the best charities to do your part in alleviating the hardships of many.
- Above all, do not be silent in the face of injustice.
Indeed, the world would undoubtedly be a better place if more people would step up to help those that need it in any way you can. The fact that you’re reading this already shows that your heart is in the right place, so thanks for doing your part.
Photo via Pexels.com